Keep the family entertained with the great selection of activities in the Hawkshead area.
Along with those energetic favourites we also have some beautiful tranquil picnic spots for those family days to be remembered.
The following attractions have no admission charge
- Grizedale – children’s playground – sculpture trail-forest walks – family events
- Mountain biking – safe off road routes for all the family
- Walking – see the great outdoor close up – a great selection of local walks
- Nature Trail – treasure trail in and around Hawkshead
- Recreation playgrounds Hawkshead and Sawrey
- Favourite picnic areas, Tarn Hows – Windermere/Claife shoreline, Nr. Ferry Nab – Moss Eccles Tarn or Wise Een Tarn, north of Near Sawrey – Windermere shoreline/woods at Wray castle, between Watbarrow Point & High Wray Bay.
Images copyright A2A Advertising Ltd